Monday, August 31, 2020

WELCOME TO WEEK 3

Hi All,
I hope you had a restful weekend and you're ready to tackle Week 3.

At this point, you should have:
  • A blog where you can post your thoughts on course assignments and items of interest;
  • A spiral notebook or composition book where you can write your daily journal entries;
  • A routine for checking the course blog, completing your work, and entering "Did it" on the Google Sheet for your class period.
NOTE: 
If you don't have these three things by now, you are at risk of falling dangerously behind in the course. If you need help or have a question, please email or schedule a meeting with me. If you don't see a link to your blog on the Member Blogs page, please email your URL right away. 
I can't grade what I don't see. 

Here is what we'll be doing in Week 3:
  • Our daily journal
  • Preparing for Hack to School Night (your video will be due on your blog by next Tuesday, September 8
  • Our first essay (on "The Right to Your Opinion" - we will discuss the wonderful art of the essay and the prompt on Zoom this week, and you will have until 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time on Friday, September 4 to post the essay on your blog) 
Reminder: today's (Monday) Zooms are optional. I will be hosting per the period-by-period meetings according to the course schedule, but if you have questions or need help, you can jump in whenever it's convenient for you.  If I don't see you today, I look forward to catching up during our Zoom sessions Tuesday and Wednesday.

Please be sure to check the daily agendas for the journal topics (and tunes :), and let me know if you need anything.

Best,
Dr. Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...