Thursday, August 20, 2020

about the check-in meetings you schedule

Hi, just a quick note about your check-in meetings.

I'm doing everything I possibly can to ensure that you are successful in this course.  That includes making myself available to answer questions and help you get set up. I answer emails from multiple accounts, I host about 20 Zoom meetings a day, and I am refining things as I go along to make the experience as rewarding as I possibly can.

Right now it's 3:49 P.M. Someone scheduled a Zoom with me at 3:30, but they didn't show up. It was the 4th time that happened today.

I don't want to make any assumptions, but this messes up my day. Think about it: if I'm tying up my Zoom account, and not being productive while I sit and wait, it takes me away from 175 other students (and all of my other responsibilities).

If you scheduled a meeting with me in the last couple days, and you had a problem connecting, will you please comment to this post or send me an email and let me know what happened? If it's a technical problem, I want to resolve it so that you and everyone else has an easier time connecting with me. If it's a problem on your end, well, I want to help fix that too.

For now, if you schedule with me and we don't connect within 5 minutes of our scheduled appointment time, I will log off. Please email me or go back into Calendly to reschedule.

Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...